Terms and conditions
In these conditions, ‘electronic file’ means any text, illustration or other matter supplied to the printer in digitised form on disk, through a modem, or by ISDN or any other communication link.
Estimates are based on Rollupbanner’s current costs of production and, unless otherwise agreed, are subject to amendment on or at any time after acceptance to meet any rise or fall in such costs.
In placing work with Rollupbanner you have agreed to these terms & conditions which are also available to view on www.Rollupbanner.
All work carried out, whether experimentally or otherwise, at customer’s request shall be charged.
A charge may be made to cover any additional work involved where copy supplied is not clear and legible.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to maintain a copy of any original electronic file.
- Rollupbanner shall not be responsible for checking the accuracy of supplied input from an electronic file unless otherwise agreed. (c) Without prejudice to clause 15, if an electronic file is not suitable for outputting on equipment normally adequate for such purposes without adj ustment or other corrective action Rollupbanner may make a charge for any resulting additional cost incurred.
Proofs of all work may be submitted for customer’s approval and Rollupbanner shall incur no liability for any errors not corrected by the customer in proofs so submitted. Customer’s alterations and additional proofs necessitated thereby shall be charged extra. When style, type or layout is left to Graphic Power’s judgement, changes there from made by the customer shall be charged extra.
Due to differences in equipment, paper, inks and other conditions between colour proofing and production runs, a reasonable variation in colour between colour proofs and the completed job will be deemed acceptable unless otherwise agreed.
Variations in quantity
Every endeavour will be made to deliver the correct quantity ordered, but estimates are conditional upon margins of 5 per cent for work in one colour only and 10 per cent for other work being allowed for overs or shortage (4 per cent and 8 per cent respectively for quantities exceeding 50,000) the same to be charged or deducted.
Delivery and payment
- Delivery of work shall be accepted when tendered and thereupon, or if earlier on notification that the work has been completed, payment shall become due.
- Unless otherwise specified the price is for delivery of the work to the customer’s address as set out in the estimate. A charge may be made to cover any extra costs involved for delivery to a different address.
- Should expedited delivery be agreed an extra may be charged to cover any overtime or any other additional costs involved.
- Should work be suspended at the request of or delayed through any default of the customer for a period of 30 calendar days Rollupbanner shall then be entitled to payment for work already carried out, materials specially ordered and other additional costs including storage.
Ownership and risk
- The risk in the work and all goods delivered in connection with it shall pass to the customer on delivery.
- Goods supplied by Rollupbanner remain Rollupbanner’s property until the customer has paid for them in full.
- If the customer becomes insolvent (as set out in clause 16) and the goods have not been paid for in full Rollupbanner may take the goods back and, if necessary, enter the customer’s premises to do so, or to inspect the goods.
- If the customer shall sell the goods before they have been paid for in full he shall hold the proceeds of sale on trust for Rollupbanner in a separate account until any sum owing to Rollupbanner has been discharged from such proceeds.
Advice of damage, delay or loss of goods in transit or of non-delivery must be given in writing to Rollupbanner and the carrier within three clear days of delivery (or, in the case of non-delivery, within 28 days of notification of despatch of the goods) and any claim in respect thereof must be made in writing to Rollupbanner and the carrier within seven clear days of delivery (or, in the case of nondelivery, within 42 days of notification of despatch). All other claims must be made in writing to Rollupbanner within 28 days of delivery. Rollupbanner shall not be liable in respect of any claim unless the aforementioned requirements have been complied with except in any particular case where the customer proves that (i) it was not possible to comply with the requirements and (ii) advice (where required) was given and the claim made as soon as reasonably possible.
- Rollupbanner shall not be liable for indirect loss or third party claims occasioned by delay in completing the work or for any loss to the customer arising from delay in transit, whether as a result of Rollupbanner’ negligence or otherwise.
- Insofar as is permitted by law where work is defective for any reason, including negligence, Rollupbanner’s liability (if any) shall be limited to rectifying such defect. Where Rollupbanner performs its obligations to rectify defective work under this condition the customer shall not be entitled to any further claim in respect of the work done nor shall the customer be entitled to treat delivery thereof as a ground for repudiating the contract, failing to pay for the work or cancelling further deliveries. (c) Nothing in these conditions shall exclude Rollupbanner’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
- Materials owned by Rollupbanner and in the production of graphics + digital print and the like shall remain his exclusive property. Such items when supplied by the customer shall remain the customer’s property.
- Rollupbanner shall not be required to download any digital data from his equipment or supply the same to the customer on disk, tape or by any communication link unless written arrangements are made to the contrary.
- Customer’s property and all property supplied to Rollupbanner by or on behalf of the customer shall while it is in the possession of Rollupbanner or in transit to or from the customer be deemed to be at customer’s risk unless otherwise agreed and the customer should insure accordingly.
- Rollupbanner shall be entitled to make a reasonable charge for the storage of any customer’s property left with Rollupbanner before receipt of the order or after notification to the customer of completion of the work.
Materials supplied by the customer
- Rollupbanner may reject any e-mail, disks, paper or other materials supplied or specified by the customer which appear to him to be unsuitable. Additional cost incurred if materials are found to be unsuitable during production may be charged except that if the whole or any part of such additional cost could have been avoided but for unreasonable delay by rollupbanner. com in ascertaining the unsuitability of the materials then that amount shall not be charged to the customer.
- Where materials are so supplied or specified, Rollupbanner will take every care to secure the best results, but responsibility will not be accepted for imperfect work caused by defects in or unsuitability of materials so supplied or specified.
- Quantities of materials supplied shall be adequate to cover normal spoilage.
Without prejudice to other remedies, if the customer becomes insolvent (namely, being a company is deemed to be unable to pay its debts or has a winding up petition issued against it or has a receiver, administrator or administrative receiver appointed to it or being a person commits an act of bankruptcy or has a bankruptcy petition issued against him) Rollupbanner shall have the right not to proceed further with the contract or any other work for the customer and be entitled to charge for work already carried out (whether completed or not) and materials purchased for the customer, such charge to be an immediate debt due to him. Any unpaid invoices shall become immediately due for payment.
Without prejudice to other remedies, in respect of all unpaid debts due from the customer Rollupbanner shall have a general lien on all goods and property in his possession (whether worked on or not) and shall be entitled on the expiration of 14 days’ notice to dispose of such goods or property as agent for the customer in such manner and at such price as he thinks fit and to apply the proceeds towards such debts, and shall when accounting to the customer for any balance remaining be discharged from all liability in respect of such goods or property.
- Rollupbanner shall not be required to print or create any matter which in his opinion is or may be of an illegal or libellous nature or an infringement of the proprietary or other rights of any third party.
- Rollupbanner shall be indemnified by the customer in respect of any claims, costs and expenses arising out of any libellous matter or any infringement of copyright, patent, design or of any other proprietary or personal rights contained in any material printed for the customer. The indemnity shall include (without limitation) any amounts paid on a lawyer’s advice in settlement of any claim that any matter is libellous or such an infringement.
A contract for the printing of graphics may not be terminated by either party unless 13 weeks notice in writing is given in the case of graphics produced monthly. Notice may be given at any time but wherever possible should be given after completion of work on any one issue. Nevertheless Rollupbanner may terminate any such contract forthwith should any sum due thereunder remain unpaid.
Rollupbanner shall be under no liability if he shall be unable to carry out any provision of the contract for any reason beyond his reasonable control including (without limiting the foregoing): Act of God; legislation; war; fire; flood; drought; inadequacy or unsuitability of any instructions, electronic file or other data or materials supplied by the customer; failure of power supply; lock-out, strike or other action taken by employees in contemplation or furtherance of a dispute; or owing to any inability to procure materials required for the performance of the contract. During the continuance of such a contingency the customer may by written notice to Rollupbanner elect to terminate the contract and pay for work done and materials used, but subject thereto shall otherwise accept delivery when available.
These conditions and all other express and implied terms of the contract shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England.